This policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
- Who We Are?
Safehouse London are a London and South East of England independent service and maintenance company.
Safehouse London Ltd (operating as Safehouse Services) is a company incorporated in England and Wales, registered number: 08762986
Our Administration Centre address: Suite GF09, Brooklands House, 58 Marlborough Road, Lancing Business Park, West Sussex, BN15 8AF Tel: 0330 1221250
Our registered office address: C/O Hillier Hopkins LLP, First Floor, Radius House, 51 Clarendon Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD17 1HP
Our registered VAT number is: 174312327
- This Website
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide users with a tailored experience within this website.
We use anonymous session cookies (short-term cookies that disappear when you close your browser) to help you navigate the website and make the most of the features. If you log into the website, application or a course as a registered user, your session cookie will also contain your user ID so that we can check which services you are allowed to access.
Should users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
- Personal Information
Whilst using our website, software applications or services, you may be required to provide some or all of the following personal information
- Your Name
- Your Company Name
- Your Address
- Your Email (used for estimates, booking confirmation, and feedback emails)
- Your billing information for deposits, holding credit information and use in the case of cancellations
- Comments, reviews you give us
- Telephone Number
- Marketing preferences (opting in or out)
We will use this information to administer our website, applications, client databases and marketing material. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as adopted into law of the United Kingdom in the Data Protection Act 2018. Further, by providing telephone and email details, you consent to Safehouse London contacting you using that method. You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com
- Information collection and use
How do we collect information from you?
Safehouse London collects information in two possible ways:
- a. When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you sign up for our site, purchase our services or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing registration forms for an event. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
- b. When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”)
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone.
When you access our website:
There is “Device Information” about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Safehouse London Ltd. This information can include:
- Device type (e.g. mobile, computer, laptop, tablet)
- Operating system
- IP address
- Browser information (e.g., type, language, and history)
- Access times
- Referring website addresses
- Other data about your device to provide the services as otherwise described in this policy
- Location information (we may receive your generic location, such as city or town)
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary to complete a booking, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests.
We require the information outlined in the previous section to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Sending you service emails (estimates, booking confirmation, feedback and service reminders)
- Improving our products and services
- Sending marketing communications if you have opted in to receive them.
How long do we keep your data for?
Safehouse London will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the Services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you.
- Registration Forms
Safehouse London will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of filling out the site registration form, to anyone.
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to Safehouse London by contacting our customer services team firstname.lastname@example.org Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your email address and possibly your address.
- You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by Safehouse London regarding your profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted.
- You are also free to close your account by emailing email@example.com If you do so, your account will be deactivated. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law.
- You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email. Or phone call and text messaging text our number ‘STOP’ Once you do this, you will no longer receive any emails or calls from us.
- You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it. We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
- We use customer feedback to develop and improve our services and may post your comments about our services on our feedback page. If you do not wish to have your comments posted on our website, please indicate your desire not to be included please advise us accordingly.
- Changes to this Policy
Safehouse Services constantly reviewing how we process and protect data. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. We will endeavour to publicise any changes. This policy was last updated in May 2019.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – E N D – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –